Friday, April 1, 2016

Sri Pelita International School Concert 2016



My super long semester break has come to an end which only means that I finally for now have time to update all you curious and concerned readers on what I have been up to. Because one post alone is not enough, (well the truth is because I really don't want to bore you) I decided to share on a recent event photography project I was involved in. Yes, event

Now my photography style/preference has always been more inclined towards family and couple photoshoots. So yes, I was nervous to take this up in the beginning. Thoughts raced through my mind as I was considering whether or not to take this up.

"What if the concert lights are too dim?"
"What if the photos don't turn out as they should be?"
" What if I miss "the" moment in the event?"


Then I realised that those weren't my actual concerns. What I was actually concerned about was the willingness to step out of my comfort zone. To shoot even when I don't have the authority to set the pace just as I can when it comes to photoshoots, to shoot even when the lights don't appear the way I wished, and to shoot even if I may "miss the moment". Quoting from the recent KungFu Panda 3, "If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are". Hence, I decided to take it up. 


Ranging from 4 up to 17 years old, Sri Pelita International School provides the opportunity for students to develop multiple intelligences such as interpersonal, naturalist, linguistic, spatial and etc. This helps to develop students who are high in both IQ and EQ. Every year, teachers and students come together for the anticipated musical concert and this year's concert was held at Dewan Sri Pinang. 


It truly was an honour to be apart of this concert. Here are some of my favourite shots taken from the event, enjoy!





















































Before I end this post, allow me to give a HUGE shoutout to some very important people. Firstly, I wanna thank Joyce Lam for extending this opportunity for me to be apart of this :) You truly are a blessing, woman.

Second, I want to say THANK YOU to Isaac Huang for taking up this task alongside with me. You were not only a great help but also an encouragement for me to push myself further, thank you again Isaac :)

To Uncle James Ling, thank you so very much! I truly appreciate your help throughout this journey.

Last but not least, thank You Jesus for making all things possible :) For helping me in stepping out of  my comfort zone. There is still so much more learn and improve but I thank You for Your grace that is my strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment