Thursday, February 20, 2014

Comm[u]nicat[i]on


I'm not the most observant girl you'll meet but there are certain things which I notice

Some of the observations that I have happens to be when I'm out.

Cafes, restaurants, coffee shops.

When I look around me, I see tables of couples having a meal together, families eating together, friends having a cup of coffee, and some are eating alone.

And nope, I don't observe the food they eat if you're wondering.

I observe the people.

And it saddens me sometimes when I see family members sitting together on that one same table
where everyone is so near yet so far apart.

What do I mean?

When everyone is in their own world, where the only faces they see is the ones on their phone screen instead of the ones right in front of them.

Sometimes, I wonder if we have actually forgotten that some of them came all the way just to see us and not the back of our phones.


I wonder if we have actually forgotten the meaning of communication

Where there is an "I" and "U" in the word communication

Where communication has always and is a two way thing.

I don't blame the existence of devices, they have helped us in so many ways.

Thanks to technology, we don't have to wait for days and weeks just to get another reply from someone.

But if technology is the only way to communication,  I think something isn't right.














No comments:

Post a Comment