Monday, August 11, 2014

God Given Getaway


Hey guys!


Hope all of you are doing well because I certainly am :) Just came back from a short getaway which was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.


I honestly thought that it was possible to blog about the whole trip in one simple post but I don't think that is possible for now. Haha

Oh my. Where do I even start.

So anyways, Me and Xher Rael have been talking about where to go next after our diploma and one of the options available was Curtin in Miri, Sarawak.

We both thought that since we are gonna go over to check out the campus, why not spend a few days there in Sarawak for a short getaway too?

But sadly... there aren't much things to do in Sarawak. Haha

Hence, we decided to go to the one & only Sabah too!

We've been talking and planning for many many months. And I must say that this trip is a God Given Getaway :)

I personally have been looking forward to this trip because I knew that I needed a short break from everything, a break to refresh and rejuvenate myself.

And every time I thought about this trip which was drawing near day by day, I prayed a small prayer that God's hand would be over this trip.

So me and Xher Rael booked our flights in April.

A few months later, somewhere in July, XR told me that her friend, Annie was heading back to her hometown in Miri & that she needed our help to bring back some of her books.

Not only that, Annie also wanted to tag along with us for our Sabah trip.

Now, I have never met this girl & the only thing I knew about her is that she's from the same college as us. That was about it :)

It was pretty last minute as we already booked our accommodation in Sabah & I only got this meet this girl after our semester finals.

When Xher Rael introduced Annie to me, just 2-3 weeks before the trip, I just knew that this girl was a good person with a genuine heart.

We only got to see each other for 15-20 minutes before Annie flew back to her hometown but I felt the peace in my heart knowing that Annie was gonna tag along in this trip.

Annie is one with a beautiful heart :) One who offers to carry my camera bag when I'm taking pictures, offers food even when I'm not hungry and looks after everyone.


Let's just say that both Annie & Xher Rael were worried that I did not have any pictures of myself as I was carrying my DSLR everywhere we went.

Worried enough that they will take pictures of ME taking pictures of other people. Yup, no kidding!




Say hello to my 2 gorgeous travel buddies, Annie and Xher Rael :)



This is just the introduction, guys! :) Haha

Will share with you guys on some of the things we did in Sabah.

Stay tuned!