Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Part II : Island Hopping

Hello hello,


Sorry for the much delayed post! August has been one crazily hectic month.
Nonetheless, will share with you on what we did in the beautiful KK, Sabah :)


So, my friends and I decided to go island hopping since Sabah IS famous for that.

We woke up early in the morning and realized that it was pretty cloudy.
Apart from that, the weather forecast showed that it will rain on that day.
Not much of a pleasant news to receive but....


The three of us sat together on the bed, prayed for good weather, and left the hotel with excitement :)


We visited 3 islands in the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park
FYI; TAR National Park comprises of 5 islands which are Gaya, Manukan, Sapi, Sulug and Mamutik.



Because we are only allowed to island hop for half a day, so we decided to go for Sapi & Manukan

On our way to the first island!




We did some research on the islands & discovered that Sapi is famous for its clear water.
True enough, the water in Sapi island is crystal clear :)


Taking some pictures & being a paparazzi before I go into the waters




I'm not quite sure if this picture does any justice to explain how clear the water in Sapi really was.



Yup, just casually hanging out with the fishes.


As you can tell, Annie had a lot of fun with the fishes :)






Right next, we headed to Manukan Island!
It is a pretty big island as there are few hotels on the island itself.
Just as we reached the island, one of the tour guides approached XR and asked if we were interested to snorkel in Mamutik.


After some bargaining, XR & Annie decided to go for it as he charged rm50 for 2 people.
I decided to stay in the boat & wait for them while they snorkel away. 

Unfortunately.....Annie had a hard time overcoming her phobia of deep waters when she tried to snorkel.


So, I was thinking hey, if she can't, then maybe I should... You know, since it IS for two people..
There was a voice inside which kept telling me to go for it.
Yet, I was still a little unsure about it as I don't know how to swim & was feeling tired.

"But I cannot swim... it's deep in the sea.. dangerous"
"Just go for it"
" I might just drown in the sea"
"Remember when you said that you want to try new things during this trip? Have faith & go in"




I stared into the ocean for a few minutes and thinking over again if I should really go for it.
Some of you might be laughing cause it's only snorkeling, so what?
But for one who cannot swim and to snorkel in an actual deep sea, that was pretty scary for me.



But you know what?
I went for it :)



The corals in Mamutik.......
*moment of silence
Sorry, I just cannot find words to describe them.


It was like I was watching National Geographic in HD with my own eyes in the water, I'm not even kidding!
We were so mesmerized by the beauty of the corals that we forgot to bring our camera along to take some pictures of them :(


So much for not going into the water & just waiting for the girls in the boat, I ended up snorkeling for the longest time among them. Hahah.







All smiles for the amazing snorkeling experience which we both will never forget :)





We three definitely had a good time on the first day of KK :)


Heads up; If you're planning to get some food on the island, I would suggest that you pack & bring it there instead :) 
The food sold on Sapi island is pretty expensive, partly because it is one of the islands which is further away from KK.

Another heads up; Try to rent snorkeling equipments from the jetty as there are a few stalls in Jesselton Point. It is cheaper than renting them in the island itself. Also, renting from the jetty is better because you will have it with you the whole time.

Another another heads up; If you ever have the opportunity to go snorkeling in Mamutik, please do not miss that opportunity!




Stay tuned for the next post, people! It's coming real soon :)