Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Of Fire Extinguishers and Ladders.


I'm really excited to share this with all of you, despite the fact that this post is VERY much long over-due but I hope you guys are still as excited as I am :)


So I had the opportunity to facilitate a photo shoot for fireBRANDS, a youth group from my church.


For the past 18 years, FireBRANDS will have its very own annual youth camp in December. It's a 5D4N camp of fun, excitement, and an experience that you just won't regret (speaking from experience).


So Leroy was asked to design the promotional flyers & camp form and he asked if I could help out by taking some photos for the youth to which I said yes immediately :) Okay back to business, so here are some pictures taken during the photo shoot! 


It was definitely an experience and I can say that through photo shoots - you will find 2 types of people ; those who know exactly of what they're gonna do in front of the camera and those are completely clueless.


It's nice to to have those who know exactly what to do in front of the camera cause they'd working it but I also enjoy taking for those who may feel "awkward" in front of the camera, just like how Jenny Sun would say  "they're like an empty canvas ready to be painted by you" :)


My favorite shots are always those which are  unplanned, candid and beautiful in its own way :)




Just like this one picture here, both did not know what to do in front of the camera, all I said was to put their arms around each other, look at each other... and smile

Then of course, the girls had a little "awkward" moment looking into each other's eyes and immediately, laughter broke into the air.

That's when I snap away :)

















This is one of my personal favorites :)
The color combination and how natural these beauties are in front of the camera




The photo shoot lasted for about 3 hours and my legs were like jelly after everything ended. But that's just something about passion, even when you are so tired from doing it, you would still do it no matter what, over and over again. I wish I could show you guys all of the photos taken but unfortunately I can't because they will be used for future promotional purposes such as the flyers and promo video.


What promo video, you asked? click HERE to find out more because the videographer, Mr Indy Toh did an amazing job! I encourage you to search fireBRANDS on Facebook & like their page because they have some cool stuff going on ;)


Hope all of you are doing well! Till next time